Monday, May 3, 2010

Foundation

Here is the story of the foundation of this blog:

My name is Rhiannon and I am a sophomore at Le Moyne College. After a year of relying on cafeteria food, I learned the hard way that the labels on foods like ice cream, muffins, and technically anything were unreliable. I had a number of allergic reactions throughout the course of the year, being severely allergic to tree nuts. After talking to lots of people and filling out some forms, I managed to get medical housing. I was placed in an apartment on campus. This housing, called The Heights, would provide me with a kitchen, with which I could prepare my own safe foods.

My apartment houses four, so my friends Lizz, Kari, and Gloria will be joining me in my apartment, which we have aptly named The Burrow because we are on the top floor of our building. Hence the title of this blog. Based on the Chapter 4 title of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, "Back to the Burrow," I came up with an oh-so-witty blog name that you see at the top of the page.

This blog will, first and foremost, be an account of my adventures, classes, and projects for my family. It will also, hopefully, become a source for recipes we have tried and enjoy, and possibly serve some other purposes.

So begins year two.

No comments:

Post a Comment