Friday, August 20, 2010

5 Days and Counting

A week in Florida to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, an 18 hour drive to Wisconsin (and 18 hours back) to see sissy, 4 lovely beach trips to embrace my inner Rhode Islander, and countless other adventures and activities later, I sit in a very cluttered room aside a hallway that slowly becomes more crowded as I transfer my "ready to be packed" items out of my bedroom door.

There are only five days until I move into the Burrow.

Granted, no one else moves in with my until the next day, and we are not all moved in until the 29th, but those days will fly by once I am reunited with my lovely campus once more.

As the looming academic year prepares to envelope me, I have composed a list of events for which I am thoroughly excited:

-Unpacking & Getting Organized
-10 Minute Shows for Family Weekend (One of which I am directing!)
-Something Clever: A Night of One Acts, presented by Major Arcana Nov. 11-13 (Co-Directing with Michael)
-Playwriting Class = An excuse to write/read one-acts
-The Lord of the Rings Audiobooks--they are in the process of being gulped down by my hungry Mac so that Sundays can include a LotR book hour
-Responsibilities: Groceries, Cooking, Cleaning, etc.
-Classy, Themed Parties

It is strange to think that almost a year ago, quite literally quivering and trying to refrain from getting sick on the van's inner door, I sat with my parents and sister for the 5 1/2 hour drive to Syracuse to move in for my first year of college. It seems as though a new life has begun since then: a new state, new friends (though I would never replace the old), new career ideas, new experiences, and new dreams.

Oh, and I nearly forgot the most important thing for my excitement list:

-Being Back with my LMC Besties <3

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, and I guess I'll see you when we can both make it back to The Ocean State once again :)
    Enjoy your year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you! It's going to be a wonderful year:) We are looking forward to our visits and seeing the fruits of your theatre labor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete